Home » Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- We will review the information collected on these forms to evaluate operational efficiencies and for statistical purposes.
- We may, occasionally, wish to publish feedback and data but we will not connect this with any individual without specific permission.
- Your personal information will be used in line with British Council standards.
- The British Council will not sell or disclose your details to third parties for commercial reasons.
- Customers 12 years old and below must seek parental/guardian permission to complete the online enquiry form.
- Under UK Data Protection law you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, for which we may charge a fee, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information.
- If you want more information about this please contact your local British Council office or the Data Protection Team.
- You can pay for your English for Adults and English for School, Teach English and Corporate Training courses as well as IELTS and Exams fees by cash, cheque, NETS and credit card.
- The 0% interest instalment plan is only applicable to English courses and Teacher training.
- All requests for refunds, transfers and withdrawals for our courses and examinations must be made in writing and supported with the required documentation.
- For our English courses, Teacher training and Corporate training, the British Council Customer Charter has full details of our policies and procedures relating to refunds, transfers and withdrawals. For our Full-time students, please refer to the Full-time Student Handbook.
- For our IELTS and Exams, the following eight 'Information for candidates' documents have full details of our policies and procedures relating to refunds, transfers and withdrawals: IELTS, Cambridge English, Cambridge International Exams (IGCSE), Cambridge International Exams (AS/A-level), Edexcel London (IGCSE and AS/A-level), Cambridge Admissions Tests (BMAT/ELAT/TSA Oxford), Cambridge Admissions Tests (STEP), University and Professional Exams.
- The British Council Singapore is a TrustSg, BusinessTrust and ConsumerTrust accredited organisation. We are compliant with the BusinessTrust code of practice.
- Customers may refer their complaints to the BusinessTrust Secretariat, if they are not satisfied with the resolution of their complaints: